duties + responsibilities
• May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
• May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Gain a full understanding of our safety policies and promote our safety culture.
• Uphold the vision, mission, and values of ViaSun in all interactions and activities.
• Attend Safety and Professional Development Trainings.
• Collaborates in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees.
• Actively Participate in weekly meetings
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Conducts initial interviews and gathers information for employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other concerns; Partners with HR Manager when additional investigation is required.
• Plan new hire onboarding strategies and perform new team member orientation and processing, including I-9 verification, to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
• Oversees the maintenance of employee records.
• Coordinate and participate in the unemployment process as needed.
• Completes VOEs, which includes questionnaires and verifications of wages.
• Begins payroll process in a weekly basis in partnership with the HR Manager for hourly and salary employees.
• Maintains and reviews payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Audits and corrects timecards in preparation for payroll processing
• Reviews and reconciles benefit premium deductions against invoices and enrollment records
• Promptly processes and records all withholding orders (i.e., garnishments, levies, employee deductions, etc.)
• Processes enrollment changes and terminations on monthly bills.
• Manages the E-Verify process in compliance with Arizona employment requirements.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Assists with all HR communication efforts.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Supports HR Manager with day-to-day HR operations and larger programs/ projects.
• Prepare required reports as well as special reports as requested.
• HR Generalist duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
• Effective HR administration and people management skills.
• Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Aptitude in problem solving with a strong desire to work as a team to get results.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, internal control and payroll taxes.
• Knowledge of basic employment laws including EEO, ADA, FLSA, and FMLA
• Experience applying knowledge of state employment laws to assess compliance issues
education + experience
• High School Diploma required, Associates degree or higher a plus.
• At least three years of experience in related areas such as job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection, training, employee benefits, and/or equal opportunity compliance required.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
• Proficiency required in written and interpersonal communication skills and Microsoft Office applications including excel.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
401K with company match
Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance
PTO (Paid Time Off)
Appreciation & Anniversary Events
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ViaSun Corporation is an employee-owned Infrastructure Preservation, Maintenance, and Construction Contractor in the Phoenix Valley. We are committed to our mission of "Partner, Plan, Deliver, and Succeed" through our continuous pursuit of excellence. Our Pursuit of Excellence is reflected in everything we do – from our innovative solutions for our clients to our team members' development. By joining ViaSun, you are joining a team committed to your success through our reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and expertise.